Volume 1 2009 of COBIT Focus is now posted online and may be accessed at www.isaca.org/cobitnewsletter. The following articles are found in the January issue:
– The People Factor in IT Governance, by Delton Sylvester
– Innovation, ICT and the ITGI IT Governance Framework, by Dirk Steuperaert
– Using COBIT to Help the Credit Crunch, by Gary Hardy
– What Are Application Controls?, by Gary Baker
– COBIT Case Study: Adnoc Distribution Implements COBIT for IT Value and Efficiency
– The Importance of COBIT Control Practices, by Jimmy Heschl – ISACA COBIT Education
COBIT Training Week ISACA is proud to offer a unique new training week course. COBIT Training Week integrates ITGI research and ISACA’s current COBIT educational courses into a single, comprehensive COBIT training program. The next Training Week to offer the COBIT-specific course is scheduled to take place 2-6 March 2009 at the InterContinental Houston in Houston, Texas, USA. Please see http://www.isaca.org/trainingweek for more information on this and other planned offerings of the COBIT Training Week course.
ISACA Member Benefit of the Month ISACA Journal, formerly the Information Systems Control Journal, is an authoritative, peer-reviewed publication that has reported on topics such as Internet security, IT governance, computer crime, information integrity, computer confidentiality issues and IT risk management. ISACA members receive a subscription to the print version of the Journal which is published six times a year. Members also have exclusive access for one year to the online version, JOnline, which features additional articles not featured in the print version. Visit http://www.isaca.org/currentissue to view the latest Journal today!